Upcoming CESO-CMBES Joint Webinar
Medical Equipment Donations
Join us on December 13th 2022 at 1:00pm EST
- Murat Firat, MSc., CCE, Manager, Biomedical Engineering, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Bill Gentles, PhD, CCE, Vice President, BT Medical Technology Consulting
- Sarah Kelso, M.Sc., P.Eng, Regional Clinical Engineer, Clinical Engineering, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Overview: This webinar will deal with the regulatory, ethical, and practical issues around donating used medical devices to low resource countries. A CMBES video that covers best practices will be shown. A newly release CMBES guidance document on medical Equipment Donations will be summarized. The CESO initiative to facilitate medical equipment donations will be discussed. During the webinar, the audience will be asked to respond to poll questions relating to their experience with equipment donations.
- Send to garbage/landfill
- Sell for human use
- Sell for parts
- Donation for developing countries
- Donation for non-human use (to research, veterinarians or zoo)
Cost: Free for both CMBES members and non-members.
Click here to register for this webinar