Welcome to Vancouver
Vancouver is a modern, glittering city that seems built into, and built up from, some of the most awe-inspiring natural landscapes on the planet. It is a gathering place for people of many backgrounds where the ocean, forest and mountains converge.
Every corner is touched by immaculate beauty, each meal elevated by a world-class culinary scene and everyone you meet eager to share their passion for a life made extraordinary just by being here.
Majestic mountains, sparkling ocean, rainforests and beautiful foliage throughout all four seasons make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Vancouver's citizens take great pride in our welcoming, clean, safe streets - day or night, all year round.
Catering to any interest throughout the year, you can enjoy world class shopping, gourmet meals, outstanding live entertainment, sporting events, theatre, outdoor adventure, spectacular sights and attractions - it's all waiting for you in Vancouver.
- Visit Kits, Spanish, Jericho, Sunset, Third Beaches
- Visit Lynn Canyon for a free suspension bridge
- Travel up the Sea to Sky and take the Sea to Sky Gondola
- Rent a Kayak in Deep Cove
- Rent a bike and go around the seawall (Stanley Park and False Creek). There are also great routes along Spanish banks towards UBC and in North Vancouver on the Spirit Trail. Pinnacle Harbourfront Hotel is offering bike rental service, $35 for e-bike, $25 for normal bikes, $45 for e-scooter, per 3 hours. For more information, please refer to Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront booking page (pinnaclebikes.ca) or the hotel concierge desk.
- Visit the viewpoint and gardens at Queen Elizabeth Park
- Head to the var and restaurant scene on Main Street in Mount Pleasant, Chinatown, Gastown, Davie, Denman, 4th & Vine, Yaletown, or Commercial Drive
- Take a walk along the ocean in Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver
- Visit the Polygon Gallery and Shipyards District at Lonsdale Quay
- Stroll around the beautiful neighbourhoods and many bakery and coffee shops of Kitsilano and Olympic Village
- Take a water taxis (Aquabus or False Creek Ferries) on False Creek
- Visit Granville Island Market for their donuts, dips, and great food
- Travel up the Sea to Sky and climb the Chief (medium challenging hike)
- Travel to Cypress Bowl Parking Lot and hike Eagle Bluffs or St. Mark's Summit (medium challenging hikes)
- Admire the rainforest on a hike to Whyte Lake in North Vancouver
- Stanley Park and UBC Endowments Lands offer the best forest walks in the City
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Visit the Vancouver Art Gallery
- Visit the Richmond Night Market
- Breweries in East Van, Mount Pleasant, and/or North Van. Some recommendations:
- House of Funk - North Vancouver
- 33 Acres - Mount Pleasant
- Brassneck - Mount Pleasant
- Parallel 49 - East Vancouver
- Wild Eye - North Vancouver
- Strange Fellows - East Vancouver
- Dageraad - Burnably
- Superflux - East Vancouver
- North Point Brewing Co - North Vancouver
- Field House - Abbotsford
- Faculty Brewing - Mount Pleasant
- Luppolo - East Vancouver
- Backcountry Brewing - Squamish
- Another Beer Co - New West