CMBES members represent the biomedical engineering community, in its broadest sense. Membership provides ongoing interaction with peers and a forum for national initiatives and professional advancement. Benefits include:
- Reduced rates at the CMBES conference, and some international conferences;
- Reduced rates for continuing education courses and opportunities to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs);
- Membership in the IFMBE;
- Preferred subscription rates to the IFMBE Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing Journal;
- Members only access section on the website which includes: by-laws, newsletter, membership directory, list of Fellows, Emeritus, other award winners and more;
- Discounted rate on job postings for members;
- The Society Newsletter highlights issues of importance in health care technology, upcoming events, items of interest to our members, etc.;
- Special rates for Workshop Proceedings, Conference Digests and the Clinical Engineering Standards of Practice.
- Reduced membership rates with affiliated societies such as the APIBQ in Quebec.
Student membership benefits
- Professional exposure to the health care field through seminars, tours, invited speakers;
- Student rates for the CMBES national conference, as well as reduced rates for some international conferences;
- Student Paper Competition held at the CMBES Conference, open only to CMBES Student Members.